My newest venture: 42 books in 52 weeks!
Because, “the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is 42” – at least according to Douglas Adams who wrote The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Also, it gives me 10 weeks to fiddle around and procrastinate. 🙂
But why do it at all?
First, I’m great at buying and downloading books and starting to read them, but not so good at finishing them – so this project is selfishly meant to motivate me.
Second, I am inspired by many of the books I read, and yet I don’t have a satisfactory outlet for the thoughts they encourage. So I’m creating that outlet, in the form of blog posts. Some will be reviews, some will be random thoughts inspired as I read that book, but every book will get a blog post. Promise.
I know I’m the big winner here, but I hope you get some value out of my new commitment too. Books and links added below.
- Indian Horse, by Richard Wagamese
- Godiva, by Nicole Galland
- Whisper, by Phoebe Kitanidis
- Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Think Like A Freak, by Steven D Levitt and Stephen J Dubner
- A Great Reckoning, by Louise Penny
- Just a Little Run Around the World, by Rosie Swale Pope
- Wards of Faerie, 1st book in The Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy, by Terry Brooks
- Bloodfire Quest, 2nd book in The Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy, by Terry Brooks
- Witch Wraith, 3rd book in The Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy, by Terry Brooks
- Becoming Magic, by Genevieve Davis
- The Signature of All Things, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Currently reading: The Sociopath Next Door, by Martha Stout
- Currently reading: Born For This, by Chris Guillebeau
I’ll catch up on my reviews as soon as I get some time!