What a luxury and privilege it is to wake up, get out of bed, walk into my office, breathe deep, turn on my writing music, open my document, and fall into a storyland of my own making. And to do it every morning.
I am grateful for my work for so many reasons.
I am grateful for:
- The magic that I feel in each story and each character, even the antagonists. They just want to be happy too!
- The months I had away from writing. That time away helped me appreciate being a writer on a whole new level.
- A family that is extremely patient with my oddities. 🙂
- Writer buddies, who are also very odd, who understand. You know who you are.
- Non-writer buddies, who teach me so much about being more than an observer, but to get out there and experience LIFE!
- Alone time in my office with a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door, where I feel safe enough to let my imagination soar.
- Peaceful writing music, the score to my stories.
- Years of awesome story ideas just waiting for me to write them. I pray I’ll have enough time for you all.
- Sunshine out my window, and the garden hat that shields my eyes as I write. Who needs blinds?
- And there’s so much more, far more than I want to write here since there’s a story waiting for me right now – so I’ll sum them up in six words: I’m grateful to be a writer!