You know you’re meant to be a novelist when:
- You haven’t written anything for two days, and you fall into the pit of despair.
- Your spouse says they’re leaving you, and all you can think is “I can use this.”
- Listening to the bickering couple seated behind you on the bus is completely fascinating.
- You get entire story ideas, complete with characters, theme, setting, as you sit in the dentist’s waiting room…
- … and said story never makes it onto the page because you didn’t have any paper with you and you got an even better idea while your teeth were being cleaned.
- You finally get time to write in the afternoon, and minutes later, when you stop, it’s dark outside.
Do you have some more? I’d love to hear them.